Message from El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground
Dear Valued Guests-
On December 3, 2020, Governor Newsom’s Office and the California Department of Public Health issued a Regional Stay At Home Order restricting non-essential travel and short-term lodging operations. The Southern California Region, in which this resort is located, triggered the order to go into effect as of December 6, 2020.
Per this order, all Campgrounds may only accommodate Essential Workers, those who consider the property their primary residence, or stays longer than 14 days. Essential Workers are defined as “workers performing functions that are essential to maintain the continuity of operations for critical infrastructure.” This order applies to vacation rentals, tent camping, cabin camping, and recreational-vehicle camping.
If you do not fall into one of these categories defined by the State of California, we regret to inform you that we cannot accommodate you at our properties at this time. We hope to provide you the opportunity to stay with us in the future.
With that in mind, and with the utmost caution for the wellbeing of our staff and guests, El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground are taking extraordinary measures to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Some of the measures we are taking include:
- Significantly ramping up our already vigorous housekeeping standards.
- Increasing the frequency of our routine cleaning and sanitizing of all common areas including the restrooms, lobby, and the market.
- We have suspended access to our Safari Tents and Adventure Yurts so that everyone is staying in their own cabin and has access to their own bathroom facility.
- We have suspended access to the pool and playground area.
- Our Summer Wine Tasting and Summer BBQ and Concert Series is suspended for 2020.
- Implemented social spacing guidance throughout the resort.
- Our market remains operational with take-out orders only and beautiful outdoor seating that has been expanded to ensure adequate social spacing.
The enjoyment of nature by our guests and the safety of everyone who visits the Canyon and Ocean Mesa have always been our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation by staying in close contact with the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, California Department of Public Health, and the CDC. We will continue to make informed decisions based on best practices and factual updates from trusted sources.
Here at El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground, we have always been dedicated to providing an opportunity for our guests to relax and unwind in the remarkable beauty of the nature that surrounds us. Our commitment has not wavered. Perhaps now, more than ever, nature can provide an important and much needed respite. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We stand firm in our belief that we’ll all get through this together, and we will continue to monitor the situation and update our policies accordingly. We look forward to seeing you soon!