Message from El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground
The most recent guidance from Governor Gavin Newsom and the State of California regarding the Shelter in Place directive is that hotel and lodging properties are considered essential businesses and, therefore, are exempt from this order and may remain open. Please be aware of any coronavirus (COVID-19) travel advisories and review updates from the World Health Organization (WHO). Due to the unprecedented volume of travel disruptions, refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
With that in mind, and with the utmost caution for the wellbeing of our staff and guests, El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground are taking extraordinary measures to keep everyone as safe as possible. Some of the measures we are taking include:
1. Significantly ramping up our already vigorous housekeeping standards.
2. Increasing the frequency of our routine cleaning and sanitizing of all common areas including the restrooms, lobby, and the market.
3. We have introduced a new curbside check-in process that enables guests to check-in at the kiosk without ever leaving their car and then head directly to their accommodation.
4. We are accepting a reduced number of reservations and have implemented a 72-hour buffer between bookings or occupancy in any accommodation.
5. We have suspended access to our Safari Tents and Adventure Yurts so that everyone is staying in their own cabin and has access to their own bathroom facility.
6. Implemented social spacing guidance throughout the resort.
7. Our market remains operational with take-out orders only and beautiful outdoor seating that has been expanded to ensure adequate social spacing.
The enjoyment of nature by our guests and the safety of everyone who visits the Canyon and Ocean Mesa have always been our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation by staying in close contact with the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, California Department of Public Health, and the CDC. We will continue to make informed decisions based on best practices and factual updates from trusted sources.
Here at El Capitan Canyon and Ocean Mesa Campground, we have always been dedicated to providing an opportunity for our guests to relax and unwind in the remarkable beauty of the nature that surrounds us. Our commitment has not wavered. Perhaps now, more than ever, nature can provide an important and much needed respite. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We stand firm in our belief that we’ll all get through this together, and we will continue to monitor the situation and update our policies accordingly. We look forward to seeing you soon!